Wordpad for Android is a quick and easy to use text editor with minimal interface. A minimal interface gives you more space to view and edit your documents. Great for taking notes, todo lists, jot down lecture notes or editing text files.
If you have any issue loading the app please UNINSTALL then RE-INSTALL.
– Optional automatic saving of documents
– Sharing in and out of the application
– Optional spell check support
– Minimal, clean interface
– Quick and easy to use
– Custom themes
– Support for large files (tested with 10 mb file)
– History of recent documents
– Multiple character set encoding options
BETA NOTE: Please note this is currently in beta. If you have any major issues please send an email or
post on the forums.
Forum post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2056976
– Fixed state saving after canceling out of the save dialog
– Added long click in the open dialog to allow rename and delete of files Build 20
– Note: UNINSTALL then REINSTALL due to the amount of changes in this build!
– Optimised for kit kat – android 4.4
– Removed volume scrolling
– Added navigation drawer interface
– Cleaned opening and closing of keyboard when using menus
– Full-screen mode has returned!
– Optimised and cleaned code, so there may be some new bugs
The below are the feedbacks of the apps users:
Siddarth Jain – “Clipboard available Great app. Tried many txt editor app, no one showed the clipboard. Txt doc size supported is good, but gets slow after about 200 kb. Undo redo buttons should be made available. OVERALL BEST.”
Alcrath von Dahlchat – “Almost perfect. Very smooth and all, but i just request one thing, I request one little tweak… Can we set the text blinker to custom colors? I cant stand black backgrounds, so i changed it to white, and now I can’t see the blinker and it gets irritating. Plus, can you give options for setting custom colors (or even images) for backgrounds? And those tabs on the left/right sides get in the way a bit, getting rid of those would be nice too. Thanks. Otherwise this app deserves 5 stars.”
Alfy Guillen – “It’s actually good to use for quick notes & all, i’m just annoyed by the two things sticking out on each side on the top. More so the one on the left. It leads to nothing & it’s just in the way.”